Sunday, November 4, 2012

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."

Oh just what is the point of doing the same things, eating the same food, all day, every day? 

If you like learning new things, exploring new cultures and cuisines, tasting new flavours, then, well, it's nice to meet you.

I'm Ara. After visiting 17 countries, growing up in 2, and growing up too much in 3, my taste buds have developed a constant tickle, and my tickle bone a constant tingle. Emotional eating and cross-cultural cohabitation define my existence, and nothing gives me more joy than having a fantabulous meal bursting with flavour and stamping me as a wannabe global citizen.

I am currently a student, drudging my way through textbooks and YouTube videos, trying to up my pseudo-intellect. Having not won Kaun Banega Crorepati (Who Wants to be a Millionaire in Hindi) yet, I have an affinity towards that dark dingy roadside stall with the world's best Schezwan noodles for 25 Rupees (about half a US Dollar at the time of writing this). 

Having been fortunate to spend the last few years travelling for work and education, I have collected precious gems from around the world - great meals for less PTSD (post-traumatic spending disorder). I want to share these gems with you. So that you can sample the fare, taste the tingle, and leave those beautiful places knowing you didn't miss out on the local cuisine because you couldn't spare the time or cash. 

So indulge. Stay hungry, stay foolish, and eat dessert first. 

7 comments :

  1. Interesting read ... will be your blog's ardent follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dennis, thank you Prasan :) Always good to be able to share these things with people who enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best read for a fat man who is broke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pai, you're getting a good picture (really, visual picture) of where I'm at right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ara, having read your blog on food, which is very interesting, how about now writing blog on the countries your visited especially since you practically travelled the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, that's actually a great suggestion! I have such lovely memories, always thought of penning them down. Let me get this one going so that I get the practice. Will surely think about taking up the travel blog some time in the future!

      Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete